Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Monday, March 16, 2009

A street cat named desire

Have me met? Some years ago late at night I was at my backyard, and I heard some noise. I turned to look, it was from the other side of the fence. A few more rattling later a kitty was peering over the top (the noise was him jumping up climbing over the fence). Our eyes met in shock, not expecting each other. Then he turned in an "oh shit" kind of way and ran.

Was that him? I couldn't remember his face. Over the years quite a few kitties have visited my territories. Most shy away at first sight of me.

Not this kitty.

It was day light saving time now so the other day when I got home from work, the sky was still bright. I went to check my mail box and there he was, hiding behind the bushes of my neighbor's house. I noticed him, and as soon as I kneeled down, he approached. What an unusually friendly kitty.



He would rub his body against my pants. He would be on the move non stop - I could hardly get him to sit still for a picture. He liked the head rub, but not his back - he would let you know. He purred then rolled over then purred again when I stroked his head.

He was downright daring. When I stood up and opened my mailbox; not only was he not scared by the noise, he came right under and rolled on the ground while checking out my finds of the day. He was certainly hungry for attention - he meowed whenever I stopped the petting.



He had light blue eyes, a slighly bulgy body and some very soft fur. What an amazingly beautiful creature. I only wish I could understand all his thoughts through those squinting eyes.

Maybe one day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home