Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Friday, October 02, 2009

My new menu item VIII - Home made potato chips

So my sister-in-law bought me this device for making potato chips. The selling point is no frying so no oil/fat/preservatives.

I peeled the potatoes (I was peeling some for my stew anyway).



Sliced it up. This very razor once took off a piece of my mother's finger tip so I proceeded with great caution.



Next I placed the them on the rack. This is one potato and I picked a big one, cause rack space is limited.



Microwave for about 9 minutes. Ding. Done. I eat them as is but they can be served with a pinch of salt, or even seasoning salt.



It was OK though 3 minutes for peeling a potato and another 9 minutes in the microwave... that's a bit too much work.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want that rack of yours.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous VIctor Wong said...

It's totally not worth the effort to make your own potato chips, unless you run a fish and chips shop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home