Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Monday, June 21, 2010

My kitchen faucet III

So the area around the holes on my sink have cracks and stains. I rubbed it down hard with ajax and soaked it in bleach overnight. That took care of most of the stains, and luckily, the bases of all the components were just large enough to cover up the cracks.

I first installed the control element, then the base of the pull out. I thought the brush finish would have clashed with a white sink, but no, they work together well.



Then I connected the hot and cold lines to the respective water lines, afterwhich, I threaded the pullout through the hole and connected it to the control component.



Lastly I installed the most important part - the heavy sprout, and connected it to the control as well. Now voi la! A new faucet, installed



I took for a spin - hot water, cold water, mixed, no leak worked perfect. The ripping out the old unit was hard and took long, installing the new thing, easy as ABC.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home