Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Monday, March 05, 2007

I wish I was on the list to be saved

They have saved the cheerleader, they are going save the world, but what about me! I can't stand the thought of having to wait till April 23rd to see the next episode of Heroes.

The show deserves every bit of the success it enjoys, a fine example of master story telling of plots filled with surprises and twists strung together by an extraordinarily rich set of intriguing characters. I especially appreciate the show's use of visuals to convey the storyline; like early on when Parkman walked into a crime scene and saw a frozen dead body with the top of her head cut off, the viewer could immediately make the connection to the image of Issac lying on the floor as seen by Hiro. Or when HGR instructed the Haitian where to shoot him, I couldn't help but start thinking if faking others' deaths was how he had got away with all the dirty deeds imposed on him. I mean, show and not tell, no lame dialogues needed, just let the viewer's imagination run wild.

Jack Coleman's performance is fantastic with those glasses and that cynical smirk. I've read conflicting rumors on the web. Some say season 2 will have a whole new group of heroes, while others advertise that Tim Kring had decided to keep a few familiar faces in the next season. I sure hope we will get to see more of Jack Coleman, Adrian Pasdar and Masi Oka.

Jack Coleman's potrait of HRG in NBC's Heroes

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home