Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Monday, November 09, 2009

Billy bookcase 30th anniversary

IKEA's iconic Billy bookcase turns 30 this year. I had always wanted one. When I was a teenager I would stare at the catalog picturing one in my living room, behind an english sofa with a quilt throw... My wish finally came true, oh, sort of, a couple weeks ago, when I put together one for my mother.

There was no english sofa and it wasn't the wall-to-wall dark walnut complete with ladder and cabinet lighting housing my dad's wuxi collection one that I had wanted, my mother wanted a red one with a pair of white doors to store her junk. That's okay, baby steps, close enough.

It was delivered and I put it together on the Saturday that I was supposed to spend at Disney with my brother and sister-in-law. It was alright, I was content.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Anthony ng said...

the cabinet totally distroy the mood of the house

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Victor said...

Billy bookcase should not be on any middle income family's wish list. It is supposed to be one of the most economical bookcases.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger 1plaintext said...

Victor, apparently I grew up in a different neighborhood than you did, you rich kid!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home