Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

The post office is ruining Christmas

I don't mail packages very often, so every trip to the post office to do so is a new experience to me. Three years ago was the guy who turned back everyone for not bullet proofing their boxes. Two years ago was a line that ended in Alaska. Last year, well, last year was a blurr. But every year is a different custom declaration form, reliably growing bigger and thicker.

Truth be told, I hate mailing gifts (that's why I don't do that, hehe). Wrapped gifts are supposed to be a surprise; sometimes there's as much in the ripping open as there's to the gift itself - the anticipation and the excitment. But oh no, they have to make you put down "reindeer sweater", ruining the surprise (or the joke). Can they not find out if I am mailing contraband or 100 carat diamond rings using X-rays or the likes? If they can, what's the point? If they can't, wouldn't I've lied?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home