Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Peter Petrelli is the bomb, or Ted Spargue or Sylar?

I have always suspected that Ted has something to do with the explosion. In fact very early on I noticed that Issac's pictures did not clearly depict Peter as the exploding man. But how does it end? I surely don't know.

Exploding man - is that Peter Petrelli, Ted Spargue or Sylar?


What I know is the quality of the show is declining. Early on the season, they were able to tell alot with very little, like Nathan's wife's accident and his father's dealings, they were told just by a few causal verbal exhanges. In contrast, tonight's episode seems rush. Seems like they are in a hurry to wrap things up. Come on, accidentally stabbed by a pair of scissors? How chessy! I like to see the softer side of Sylar, afterall his simple life was what drove him to be the monster he is; but goosh, the acting and the conversations were so unconvincing.

I guess it makes sense to rush; with only 2 episodes left they can't possibly wrap up everything (unless they choose to overspill them to the next season, which I'd prefer). So much was put into building up the characters (Parkman's troublesome marriage with his wife, and the equally treacherous relationship between Nikki and DL, etc) and they all just go to waste? What about the Haitian? He rescued Claire from the organization controlled by Linderman, only to bring her to a woman who works with Linderman? That doesn't make any sense. And what secret Petrelli Mom holds... I hope there is something there. And what about the dinosaur Hiro is going to fight? How are they gonna squeeze that into this season? Oh, the most important one, Peter Petrelli's scar. I've been spending so much time guessing. Could it be caused by someone trying to stop him from exploding?

Tonight's little girl reminds me of the little kid Parkman rescued very early in the season. If Sylar killed both her parents, it makes sense that she possesses some power. It will make a great plot that she be the one to defeat Sylar....

... oh, maybe next season.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That WAS the little girl that Parkman found.

Sylar stabbing Mom with scissors was kind of lame, but the subtext that she was herself evil, just cowardly and unmotivated, was neat. She said, with a mother's love, that what mattered most was that her son mattered. People getting hurt didn't mean much to her.

As for the Dinosaur, that has been tied up. When he got the sword, he swung it around and pretended to attack the dinosaur replica in the museum. That's just a little warning that the precognitive visions that Isaac had may not mean what they first might appear to mean.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger 1plaintext said...

The dinosaur at the museum? That's the dinosaur? Now I am disappointed... and how could I have missed the fact that that was the little girl Parkman found under the staircase... oh well, I guess I did get it, subconciously. Anyhow that plot is so poetic, so cool.

I loved the story line about Sylar's mom not settling for him following his father's footsteps. It really built on the character of Sylar. But then the acting of the scene just ruined it I think.

And the show is making me question my faith: why did God put so many days between Mondays...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home