Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Arriving Singapore

Actually I arrived at Singapore last Sunday (but I had no internet access). This is my first visit. Singapore has a reputation of being a clean city; I am sorry to say I was disappointed, I actually think Hong Kong is cleaner. In the same way, I am not impressed with Changi Airport, a supposedly award winning airport.

But that is not to say I didn't like it there; on contrary, I had a great time visiting. Other than the subway (the SMRT) Singapore is really not like Hong Kong. There is a bigger Indian and Malay population and everybody seems to speak a different language; I guess that explains why things are in English.

Changi Airport is supposedly award winning

There are lots of street side restaurants, especially in China Town (牛車水) and Little India. We went to Lau Pat Sat (老巴刹 which means Old Bazar?) in downtown for South China Chicken and Rice (海南雞飯) and other regional delicacies. I wasn't impressed with the cooking but it was 100% distinctively Southeast Asian and very satisfying.

Futuristic skyline of Singapore

More of Singapore skyline

Singapore street signs are all in English, one of them puzzling enough

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home