Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The truth about iPhone

To those who respond "...but it looks good!" to this, I say "So is my behind, kiss it!" Ha ha.

It is a for laugh foul exaggeration of course but there are some truth to it. The on screen keyboard of the iPhone is superior to other smart phones (because of bigger keys and magnification) I'd assume, but I can't imagine it be match to any physical keyboards - the extra tabs required to type numbers and symbols is annoying and I've seen no mention of a hand writing recognition software like those in Windows Mobile devices (is there one?)

I am a Pocket PC fan and I've been playing with a Pocket PC phone I recently got from my brother for a while. It's neat because it does video, music, ebooks/pdfs and a whole slew of other things, but I quickly realize the music part is really lagging behind the iTunes experience. In iTunes, podcasts are updated automatically and sync'ed when the device is connected; not so in Windows Mobile: a seperate software (MS recommends juice) has to be used to download podcasts, and then Windows Media Player has to be started in addition to ActiveSync to "sync" music... and by "sync" I really mean drag and drop download, nothing cool like iTunes - kudos to iTunes on this. Yet I still prefer Windows Mobile devices to iPhone - the price tag is deterrant enough but programmability and number of supported software out there is important too, no t to mention the lack of aftermarket battery being a big minus (applies to cheapos only I guess).

But back to the subject, it's not the first time Steve Jobs plays these word games [cough], word scams. I remember when the video iPod came out, he said something like "it plays video, music video, ..." What The? If Bill Gates came out an said the Zune plays videos, educational videos ... he would have been buried. This dude thinks charisma can get him off anything, I say his good faith is seriously questionable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home