Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Kudos to the new Nano

Everybody knows, I am not an Apple fan. But even I am impressed by the new iPod Nano.

I haven't seen one yet. I was just reading the info from apple.com about accessibility. The fact is, visual (and other kinds of) impairment is a very real thing, and it shouldn't be something that stops people from enjoying music like the rest of us. Nevertheless, us programmers, arrogant and selfish, often churn out code in haste unheeding to the needs of many of our users. Accessibility is rarely in our mind despite operating system supports as well as numerous regulation requirements. I believe the Nano's feature is not a gimmick but a reflection of the thoughtfulness of the designer and a very good example to the rest of us.

Well done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home