Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

My blog

Blog is supposed to be short for weblog, I know that, everybody does. But what are you supposed to write in a blog? Professional stuff, personal stuff, or a pile of who-gives-a-shit's?

I started mildly hurtful sarcasm realistically enough not to expect myself churning out tunably hurtful comments, no, not even sarcastic remarks; that's hard. It was 2004 and that was the trendy thing of the time (the start of web2.0) and I was supposed to be the computer guy.

I wrote 2 pieces, ran out of material and gave up.

My buddy in Canada Victor Wong on the other hand has since been talking about his collectibles and artsy possessions on magicketchup, interesting reads, I subscribed and checked daily... after a while, I thought, I could do that, so I restarted my blog. "I'll put my short stories there" I resolved. mildly hurtful sarcasm was supposed to be a collection of my short stories.

The thing is, most of my short stories don't get written. Because writing, just like everything else in my life, is hard; much less preferable than an afternoon nap. These stories then get stuck my head, rent past due, evicted by my memory cells in lure of numerous mundane mental reminders. Marvelous ideas disappear forever, sigh an awful waste.

Some stories do get translated into words, well, half of them; no, not half of them stories, them stories mostly got half MS Word'ed before moving into the electronic trash can - can't blame my affection for naps, my bed is comfy.

So I fill in a few things to draw traffic, Mac bashing (which I passionately do) aside, I have professional coding stuff. I don't copycat, I really don't, I only put down what I can't find on Google. The draw traffic part works, well, a little bit, takes time. But what works best is current affairs - put on someone's picture and tag it Obama, readership spikes the next day. Mr. President, I didn't vote for you, but thanks to your supporters anyway.

But why shouldn't there be more entries about myself. Me me me me me. The I's don't have to be characters from my nonsenses imaginations, or indices from for loops (i++ is probably the most used expression in the C programming language). Let Blogger/Google/Wayback Machine archive them, then perhaps some day some archaeologist will yell "Gold, this is gold!" waving the 3.5 hard disk that holds this blog.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Victor Wong said...

I like the new direction with your blog. To be honest, you write the best personal stories or monologues. Time to change the theme of your blog too. I am tired of the green color :D

我喜愛你寫的自我小品多於你的批判類文章。

 

Post a Comment

<< Home