Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

My pictures III

This is one of the pictures I like the most of myself. It was new year 1994, my mother and I drove from Austin, Texas to Orlando, Florida, and spent 3 days in Disney and Universal Studio. 12 years before that mom had taken me and my brother there once. Then more than 13 years after in 2007 my brother and I would visit Disney Orlando again, watching parents spend obscene amount of money on accommodations, meals, entrance and apparels so their kids can fall asleep on the strollers in a theme park, much like our mother did.



I couldn't remember where I took this picture, I think it was a rest stop on I-10 somewhere between Orlando to New Orleans. We didn't see much of the French quarters because it was raining cats and dogs, and the poboy we had, I don't have the slightest recollection of what it tasted like.

Seen behind me was the 91' Toyota Corolla I spent my college years with. Numerous late nights it would shuttle me between my apartment and the Sparc labs at campus. It was rear ended in 2000 and subsequently donated to the Salvation Army in Oakland. I would like to think it was adopted by someone responsible and is still living happily.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:17 AM, Blogger Anthony ng said...

And think about who got that car for you!

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger 1plaintext said...

You want to mention the shoes and the pants too??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home