Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Monday, June 23, 2008

My pictures IV

I took this picture on the 10th of December 2005 at Golden Gate Fields, a horse racing track north of Berkeley.


It was a brisk day. Dad loved the tracks so we decided to spend a day there. Mom, who apparently had mistaken the occasion, made me dress up despite my stern opposition. Between the gallops and the number yelling dad had a great time and would eventually become a regular himself. Mom on the other hand sat on some dusty benches all afternoon checking her watch every 5 minutes. I was busy enough fiddling with the blue iPod in an iPod sock my brother had given me just a week ago.

We hurried home after the last race because we were supposed to meet up with uncle for dinner and we had to pick up something from home first. When we got home I found a package at the door step, it was a Christmas present from my buddy Victor (I don't get a lot of presents in Christmas).

We got to uncle's house on time and had dinner at a resturant nearby. Dinner was good, my cousin Xavier showed up too. It wasn't a special kind of day when I've done something extraordinary, but it was very memorable. It was a good day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

So what was the Xmas gift from Victor?

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger 1plaintext said...

A Pooh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home