Mildly Hurtful Sarcasm

Meaningless ranting, just like everybody else.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Victoria beautiful

So I was on business at Victoria, British Columbia this week. First I thought it was a suburb of Vancouver. Then I saw on the map it was a town at the southern tip of an island completely detached from the mainland. A small town I thought, not knowing it is the capital of the province.

I was there for 3 days, it was mostly work for me at a basement office. I didn't really get to check out the place in day light, the quintessential Canadian fir trees, lots of them, from the airplane is all. On the second night, late night, I went out for dinner by myself, and took a stroll around downtown. Took a few pictures of the government building all lit up, and the medieval castle like Empress hotel by the water front.



Local folks told me Victoria has the mildest weather in the country so seniors go there to retire, and they drive slow, really slow. That's my kind of town I said. People there are noticeably friendlier than in the bay area. They don't give you the attitude, they substitute it with a smile.



Overall, it was alot of work but was a good trip.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

drive s.....l......o.....w........!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home